Vacancy: UT, Institute of Computer Science, Professor of Cryptography
Duties and responsibilities: Development of curricula and courses in Cryptography. Teaching subjects related to Cryptography. Supervision of PhD and Master students. Successful application for research grants, administration of them and performing the research required under the grants. See also job description.
Required qualifications: PhD or an equivalent qualification in the relevant field See also requirements for teaching and research staff.
Required experience: Teaching experience at the university level, experience in supervising Master and PhD students. Administrative and research competence needed to provide the leadership in organising research.
Required language skills: Excellent command of English. Knowledge of Estonian is desirable but not essential.
Workload 1,00; and the classroom teaching load at least 128 academic hours per calendar year
Salary According to UT salary rules, depending on the candidate’s qualification and the level of experience. See also UT salary rules.
Starting at 01.01.2018
Position fields can be interpreted rather broadly. Cryptography classic and quantum, post-quantum; privacy preserving data mining; privacy and security; new technologies like blockchain; from theoretical to more applied backgrounds. It is important to have a broad view of the field in order to be able to help our curriculum development goals as well as lead research in broad spectrum with many smaller more independent groups. Cryptography has been one of University of Tartu and Estonian ICT sector strongholds, many opportunities for local collaborations exist and could be developed.
Appointments will be for indefinite contracts, i.e. at immediately “tenured” level, with standard performance reviews every 5 years. Since university rules are flexible, internationally competitive levels can be negotiated dependent on ability to attract funding, international collaborations, visibility, etc.
HITSA announces a competition for the post of information security manager.
The main area of work for information security manager is launching and maintaining an information security management system, evaluating its performance and making the necessary improvements to ensure an adequate level of security for information assets of HITSA.
Come to apply if:
• You have a university degree in the field of IT;
• You have worked in the IT field for at least three years;
• You have the knowledge of information security organization and security project design and implementation experience;
• You have knowledge of information systems and their principles of operation;
• Have Estonian language skills at advanced level, both oral and in writing, and you have a good level of sector-specific English speaking and writing skills;
• You show initiative and have organizational potential, teamwork and independent work skills, analytical thinking, reliable and good to increased levels of stress.
For our employees we offer:
• Opportunity to contribute to the development of Estonian education information system in the field of information security;
• Good working conditions;
• 35-day vacation;
• Supportive team.
Deadline for applications is 31 May 2017. Work starts in September 2017.
• Authentication and internet bank security solutions related project management
• Product management, analyze/interpret security needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Monitor and analyze performance data related to automated fraud detection to develop improvements
• Risk analysis and high proactivity in managing risks
Who we are looking for:
• Project management and analysis skills are essential
• You understand or are a fast learner to explain 2factor authentication, Public Key Infrastructure, Electronic identification (eID) and electronic Trust Services (eTS) in the context of EU Digital Single Market
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a changing business climate
• You feel that writing documentation, preparing audits and answering security and risk assessment questionnaires is something you are comfortable to handle from time to time
• Readiness to travel between Baltic countries
This is an advantage if you have knowledge of fraud prevention/detection Technologies, have university degree in computer sciences or economics and feel comfortable to work independently/use time efficiently.
Education required: Higher education (bachelor)
Languages required: English
Deadline for applying: 04. December 2016
• information security incident monitoring and defense 24/7;
• state network (ASO) and RIA service monitoring;
• RIA service and state network incident monitoring and defense.
• at least year IT work experience;
• at least secondary education;
• computer skills on average level (MS Windows and UNIX work experience);
• interest towards information security;
• willingness to work in shifts.
• international work experience;
• knowledge in administration of Estonian public information systems;
• clearance for access to state secrets (classification – ‘secret’).
If you believe that you are the right person we are looking for, please send your CV along with a latter of motivation to email@example.com. For additional questions, please call 6630243 or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2015 CERT-EE had 5 monitoring specialist positions.
About The Role
The security engineer is part of a team of highly skilled, dedicated individuals who support research and software/security architecture for new product developments. This role will be based in Estonia (Tallinn/Tartu) and be a part of an international organization where most of the clients and market is growing overseas.
* Research/develop new technologies applicable to our products/services
* Software/security architecture for prototypes, new product developments
* Integration of KSI with various technologies like virtualization platforms, Internet of Things, PKI-based systems, code repositories, networking platforms, big data and others.
* Document and present research results
* Participate/present in security conferences, publish research papers, follow current trends in the information security world
* Strong background in cryptography engineering information security
* Eloquent in formal methods, mathematics and statistics
* Familiarity with security infrastructure and protocols
* Experience with distributed systems, networking, cloud deployment and virtualization
* Strong background in programming – C/C++/Java/JS
* Strong experience with Unix Scripting: shell, perl, python or equivalent
* Result oriented and eager to learn
Your tasks will consist of:
* Gathering and analyzing of information about potential threats to Swedbank,
* Discovery and management of security incidents, including computer fraud and post-incident’s investigation,
* Proactive work to prevent security incidents.
Skills and qualities important to possess as a SIRT Officer in order to be successful in the role:
* University degree or practical IT working experience of at least 4 years,
* Ability to gather and analyse information,
* Knowledge and experience at least one of the following: Windows, Unix, or databases.
* Fundamentals of computer networks, network protocols, and applications,
* Knowledge of basic information security principles, including risks and threats to computers and networks, security vulnerabilities and attacks,
* Knowledge and experience of Java and Python programming languages would be seen as an advantage
* Software reverse engineering, or cryptography knowledge, or penetration testing (OWASP), and demonstrated computer forensics skills would be seen as an advantage,
* Knowledge of basic digital electronics would be seen as an advantage, and
* Good verbal and written communication skills in Estonian and English is a necessity; knowledge of Russian would be seen as advantage
Estonian Information System Authority (EISA) director general Jaan Priisalu submitted an application to leave for personal reasons from his office on 19 January 2015.
“Jaan Priisalu is a reputable international cyber expert who has built up a cyber capacity to world level. I thank him for that,” said the Secretary General of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications Merike Saks via a press release.
The contest will be announced to find a new head of EISA.
Estonian Information System Authority (RIA in Estonian) organizes activities related to cyber security in Estonia.