Cybernetica’s Information Security Institute has an open position for a SENIOR RESEARCHER
We are looking for applicants that complement our existing competencies and at the same time have necessary abilities to lead an independent industrial research group. The list of potential topics of interest includes but is not limited to
• new directions in cryptography (especially post-quantum cryptography),
• formal methods (sociotechnical risk models, protocol analysis),
• privacy-preserving computations,
• data mining and/or machine learning for security,
• secure software and systems development,
• hardware-level and embedded systems security (Internet-of-Things, smart cards, side channel attacks).
We stress once more that the previous list is not exhaustive. We a looking for a candidate who creates synergies with our existing senior researchers.
Successful applicant has a
• PhD degree in computer science, mathematics, software engineering or in a closely related field, together with a
• proven track record showing academic and/or industrial performance in the field of computer security or cryptography.
• opportunity to integrate new research activities into Cybernetica’s R&D portfolio, as well as to contribute to existing themes;
• to work with, learn from, and teach highly qualified professionals, both in research and development;
• to be part of, and improve the Estonian e-society;
• (reasonable) funds to set up your research environment, should your research topics require the purchase or rent of specialized hardware, high-performance computing resources, etc;
• funds to hire a junior researcher working on your research topics;
• being part of a growing team either in our Tallinn or Tartu office;
• flexible working hours.